Volunteer for the nation's largest provider of Hospice Care and join a team of caring individuals. This program designed for high school students who need community service hours. Junior Patient Care Volunteers visit patients in nursing homes and assisted living facilities throughout San Diego County. They provide companionship and support through weekly friendly visits. Activities include conversation, reading, writing letters, playing music or games, creating memory books and making gifts for patients. Visit patients in your community and help us make a difference. Junior Volunteers may also become Administrative Volunteers helping in the office. ALL Volunteers must attend a 2 day Orientation to gain the knowledge you will need to work with terminally ill patients. These are held every other month on 2 consecutive Saturdays. A Parent or Guardian MUST attend Day 1 of volunteer orientation with you.
- Patient Care
- People Skills
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 weekly visits, generally 1-2 hrs + travel time
- 2018 Orientation Dates: Oct. 6 AND 13, Jan. 12 AND 19, 2019
- A Hospice Cosmetology Volunteer
- A Hospice Patient Care Volunteer
- A Hospice "Life Review" Volunteer
- A Hospice Veteran Volunteer
- A Hospice Telephone Assurance...
- Administrative Hospice Volunteer
- A Hospice Alternative Therapy...
- A Hospice Volunteer-Teen Program
- A Hospice Bereavement Volunteer
- A Hospice Memory Bear Sewer
- A Hospice "Paw Pal" Pet Volunteer