Volunteer Teacher Assistance
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
The Volunteer Teacher’s Assistant (VTA) is responsible for providing instructional aide to assigned classroom teachers which will assist them in achieving their educational objectives. The VTA will work with students individually or in small groups. The VTA will support the regular classroom teacher in providing a well-organized, smoothly functioning class environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and the available resource materials.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Certified teacher or a student studying education with enrollment at an institution of higher learning.
- Classroom teaching experience or is maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or better in your college courses.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with the school community.
- Ability to assist students in reading, writing, and mathematics as well as in core their subjects
- Ability to work well with children and/or teens
- Ability to communicate effectively
Experience in at least one of these areas:
- Background to include activities that involve students or an interest in working with school-age children.
- Experience working or currently being trained to work in an instructional environment.
- Experience or currently being trained to work in the areas of child development and/or education.
We'll work with your schedule.
Tulsa, Oklahoma Area Schools (McLain & Central HS)TulsaTulsa, OK 74106
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- As little as one semester but would benefit the program if you commit to work during the entire school year. Also, volunteer may only be able to help for one or two classes per week.
- We are looking for retired certified teachers as well as students wanting to help a classroom teachers during school day in science and math courses.