Calling Compassionate Hospice Companions!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where690 E. North AvenueCarol Stream, IL 60188
- Ready to give back? Have you received the care and support of hospice during the end of life journey with a family member or friend? Do you wish to be a compassionate presence to a hospice patient in a home or a care facility by listening, talking, or reading? Volunteers also provide caregiver relief for family members, do not provide hands-on care, but serve as companions and advocates.
- Northwestern Medicine Home Health & Hospice provides comprehensive training programs for volunteers that visit patients. Not only will the skills you receive during training be applicable to your volunteer service, but they’ll aid in your everyday life. More importantly, you will make an enormous impact in the lives of those you touch. We have opportunities in the morning, afternoon and evening. Weekend opportunities are also available.
- Fall 2017 training: October 2 - Nov. 13, Monday afternoons from 1-4 pm, at Northwestern Medicine Home Health & Hospice, 690 E. North Avenue, in Carol Stream. Volunteers need to attend 7 classes for 21+ hours of training. Winter 2018 training: January - March.
- Northwestern Medicine Home Health & Hospice (formerly CNS Home Health & Hospice) is non-profit, accredited by The Joint Commission, Medicare certified, and licensed by the State of Illinois.
- Spiritual Healing
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We work with your schedule.
- Volunteers must complete a 7-8-week training course,starting Sept. or Jan.; receive annual flu shot