Seeking Youth Services Program Intern!!
DONATE TO THIS
14 people are interested
GAIN EXPERIENCE IN SOCIAL WORK AND HUMAN SERVICES!
Friends for Youth is a nonprofit organization that has been matching underserved youth with caring adult volunteers since 1979. For the last 39 years, we have been running mentoring programs for youth to provide them with guidance, support, and opportunities for new experiences. Our mission is to provide quality mentoring relationships for youth who need them most.
Friends for Youth is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic Program Intern for our two youth programs. Our Program Intern will act as a mentor in our School-Based Mentoring program on a Redwood City middle or high school campus during the school day. The rest of the weekly hours will be in our office to help program coordinators with recruitment, development, and other projects as assigned.
- Be a mentor to 3-4 students by forming meaningful relationships and helping with problem-solving
- Facilitate discussion about social justice, interpersonal skills, academics and other life skills
- Day-to-day community engagement and implementing strategies to engage community groups, corporations, media, and universities
- Assist Program Coordinators on other projects as assigned, such as planning field trips
- 8 hours/wk. minimum
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work well and communicate with a diverse group of adults and youth
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Creative thinker, self-starter
- Passion for public service and youth development
- Knowledge of local community and resources
- Spanish speaker a plus
We'll work with your schedule.
1741 Broadway First FloorRedwood City, CA 94063
- Youth Services
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Background Check