Looking for an enthusiastic Program Intern!
Friends for Youth is a 37 year old non-profit organization that matches youth-in-need with caring, positive adult volunteers for 1-to-1 and group mentoring. These Friendships serve as a preventative program for our youth, providing them with guidance, support, and opportunities to have fun!
This internship involves generating community awareness and recruiting adult mentors to match with the youth-in-need in our program. Working as a team with the Mentoring Services staff, responsibilities will include fielding volunteer inquiries, helping to screen volunteers, outreach to community groups and companies, creating marketing material, posting on social media, organizing program materials, engaging volunteers through online recruitment avenues, and investing in relationships with local media contacts.
- Clean DMV and insurance
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Good organizational skills and time management skills
- Good writing skills
- Ability to work well and communicate with a variety of people
- Creative thinker, self-starter, flexible
- Passion for public service and helping youth succeed
- Knowledge of local community and resources
- Experience or knowledge of mentoring and at-risk youth
- Marketing and/or digital media skills is a plus
If this sounds like something you are interested in and would like more information about, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graphic Design
- Youth Services
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check