ADMINISTRATIVE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
The City of San Diego recently resolved to designate part of the Vietnamese community as the Little Saigon Cultural and Commercial District. The Little Saigon Foundation who initiated the movement toward this designation is currently seeking volunteers to help build its capacity as a community revitalization organization.
We envision Little Saigon San Diego as a vibrant center of culture, commerce and community engagement, where our people are fully represented as equals and our citizens fully exercise their democratic rights.
Our mission is to counter the forces that keep our people under-represented by revitalizing our local community and providing services for the residents of the Little Saigon District of San Diego.
THE SCOPE OF OUR WORK ENCOMPASSES:
Branding the Little Saigon district and revitalizing its infrastructure;
Promoting the rich heritage of the ethnic community;
Enhancing the quality of life of residents through social services
Empowering the community through civic engagement.
ADMINISTRATIVE VOLUNTEER WORK INCLUDES DAILY ADMINISTRATION, EVENT COORDINATION, PROJECT ASSISTANCE, AS WELL AS OFFICE MANAGEMENT.
- Particpation in a worthwhile cause and making long-lasting impact
- Pride in building a non-profit organization without having to start one from scratch
- Meet strange and wonderful people
- Build your resume and references
- Gain community administrative as well as community organizing experience
- A great escape from boredom
- A great social adventure
- Eat Vietnamese food
- Dedication to non-profit, community development causes
- Love for the under-privileged, disenfranchised communities
- Work well with people of different cultures, classes, and personalities.
- Able to adapt to new environment and learn new skills; flexible
- Detailed oriented
- Initiative and Action-oriented
- Love Vietnamese food
- A lot of FREE Time
- Experience with filing and organizing
- Good with email and phone communication
- Good with computer applications such as Word/Excel/Powerpoint
- Able to multi-task and prioritize action items
- Have reliable transportation
- Willing to use personal cell phone for organizational use
- Available on some evenings and weekends
- Ability to eat Vietnamese Food preferrerd though not required.
DUTIES IN PROPORTION TO TYPICAL 40-HOUR WORK WEEK:
Assist the staff with daily operations (55%)
- 20% Filing documents, letters, bills, receipts
- Scheduling and reminding staff of important meetings and deadlines
- Enter Financial Data into Quickbooks
- Take minutes at meetings
- Clean the Office
- purchase office supplies and other needed equipments
- Research and compiling grant data
- Send email announcements to the community
Assist Staff with Specific Projects and Events (45%)
- Filing event permits, insurance, etc
- Recruit Volunteers and Members
- Manage Volunteers and Members
- Set-up and Clean-up Event
- Pass out Flyers and Posters
- Office Management
- Office Reception
- Executive Admin
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- 16-40 hours