How you can help:
- Assist in a classroom
- Float in our classroom and assist students
- Work with small groups. Lead a class (curriculum and training provided)
Shifts available: Mornings, Evenings and Saturday mornings
What you will gain:
- Exposure to different cultures
- Work with a professional teacher
- Gain experience for your resume
Contact: Jane Stevenson, District 742 Adult Basic Education firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-529-6500 Ext. 6261
- Discovery School, Waite Park
- Hillside School, Sauk Rapids
- LaCruz apartment complex, St. Cloud ABE Volunteer / Tutoring Program
- Hands Across the World, St. Cloud
- SCSU Campus, St. Cloud
- Bel Clare
ESL Certified Tutor:
Teach English to ESL learners in a small group setting (curriculum provided). Subject areas may include reading, writing, speaking, listening, vocabulary, basic math, life skills, spelling, comprehension and citizenship.
ESL Classroom Assistant:
To provide assistance to literacy and ESL students in a general, ESL or citizenship classroom under the direction of a professional teacher.
ABE Classroom Assistant:
To provide assistance to GED and Diploma students in a general classroom under the direction of a professional teacher.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment