Tastes of Brooklyn Red Hook Crawl, 7/28 - Help needed! Foodies!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
17 people are interested
We are thrilled by the popularity of our Tastes of Brooklyn events, where we create food and drink crawls to benefit our not for profit, Seeds in the Middle.
Can you help us with the Red Hook Crawl on July 28 - just help us publicize and sell tickets and lure folks and then help us the day of?
We are creating a series of these fun food festivals for this summer and fall.All skills needed, no experience necessary. Just love to eat and drink! And to do good!
- Reach out to restaurants, bars, chefs (by email, phone, social media or in person)
- Do administrative tasks like keep lists, gather information
- Do publicity - marketing
- Help us find sponsors
- Create fun activities for kids and families
- Cook yourself or volunteer that day yourself - all hours welcome
- Help us with social media, and online
DATE OF THE EVENTS:
TASTES of Red Hook
SUNDAY, July 28
TASTES of Columbia Waterfront
Saturday, Sept. 14
TASTES of Prospect Lefferts Gardens
Sunday, Sept. 15
TASTES of Gowanus
Saturday, Sept. 21
TASTES of Carroll Gardens-Cobble Hill
Saturday, Oct. 5 or Sunday, Oct. 6
TASTES of Franklin Festival
Saturday, Oct. 26
Stay tuned for more possibilities!
TALENT NEEDED for free block party for kids and families for any event
TICKETS: 4 tastes for $20, 11 tastes for $50
The Tastes of Brooklyn supports Seeds in the Middle's student-run Hip2B Healthy Markets, Chef Nights and edible gardens in schools, and our soccer and basketball programs for at-risk and underserved children in central Brooklyn and beyond!!!
We give community service credits, recommendation letters, you name it. Great for anyone looking to expand contacts in culinary and hospitality industries and just to intern this summer!
- Reach out to food and drink establishments
- Publicize in any way you know - help hand out flyers anywhere
- Social Media - post on food sites or just share on your Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, etc.
- Get friends and family to buy tickets!
- Help chefs plan menus
- Day of - help chefs and participants - we really need culinary folks to help chefs on the days of the events
- Reach out to tourist businesses, local hotels, etc. and encourage them to bring groups
- Day of and before - run Hip2B Healthy juice stands in neighborhood to show what we do
- If you like summer cocktails, help us organize a cocktail competition or something like that :)
- GUEST CHEFS WELCOME!
- HELP US PLAN ACTIVITIES OR DO ACTIVITIES IN BLOCK PARTY- MUSIC, ART, DANCE, ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS, ALL IDEAS WELCOME!
- Promote or join Crafts Fairs connected to the events
- HELP US UPDATE WEBSITES - TASTESOFBROOKLYN.COM
If you love food and drink , like planning events, are organized, detail oriented and outgoing, please join us.
PLEASE NOTE - We depend on all volunteers to buy a ticket themselves to the event. You get amazing food. Please invite all you know.
Must be reliable.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you can do and when you are available.
ALL OFFERS WELCOME.
Website: tastesofbrooklyn.com (TO BE UPDATED)
We'll work with your schedule.
Red HookBrooklynBrooklyn, NY 11231
- Cooking / Catering
- Public Relations
- Social Media / Blogging
- Food & Beverage Services
- Event Planning / Management
- Event Design & Planning
- People 55+
- At least 4 hours, Can be virtual also before the events
- Enthusiasm. Must be reliable and complete task you agree to do.