Tastes of Brooklyn Events- Help needed! Foodies!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
30 people are interested
We are thrilled by the popularity of our Tastes of Brooklyn events, where we create food and drink crawls to benefit our not for profit, Seeds in the Middle.
Can you help us with the Tastes of Columbia Waterfront and other events this fall. Just pick your neighborhood - help us publicize and sell tickets and lure folks and then help us the day of?
We are creating a series of these fun food festivals for fall.All skills needed, no experience necessary. Just love to eat and drink! And to do good!
- Reach out to restaurants, bars, chefs (by email, phone, social media or in person)
- Do administrative tasks like keep lists, gather information
- Do publicity - marketing
- Help us find sponsors
- Create fun activities for kids and families
- Cook yourself or volunteer that day yourself - all hours welcome
- Help us with social media, and online
DATE OF THE EVENTS:
TASTES of Red Hook
SUNDAY, July 28
TASTES of Columbia Waterfront
Saturday, Sept. 14
TASTES of Gowanus
Saturday, Sept. 21
TASTES of Carroll Gardens-Cobble Hill
Saturday, Oct. 5
TASTES of Flatbush
Sunday, Oct. 6
TASTES of Franklin Festival
Saturday, Oct. 19
SMITH STREET Festival
Saturday, Oct. 26
Stay tuned for more possibilities!
TALENT NEEDED for free block party for kids and families for any event
TICKETS: 4 tastes for $20, 11 tastes for $50
The Tastes of Brooklyn supports Seeds in the Middle's student-run Hip2B Healthy Markets, Chef Nights and edible gardens in schools, and our soccer and basketball programs for at-risk and underserved children in central Brooklyn and beyond!!!
We give community service credits, recommendation letters, you name it. Great for anyone looking to expand contacts in culinary and hospitality industries and just to intern this summer!
- Reach out to food and drink establishments
- Publicize in any way you know - help hand out flyers anywhere
- Social Media - post on food sites or just share on your Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, etc.
- Get friends and family to buy tickets!
- Help chefs plan menus
- Day of - help chefs and participants - we really need culinary folks to help chefs on the days of the events
- Reach out to tourist businesses, local hotels, etc. and encourage them to bring groups
- Day of and before - run Hip2B Healthy juice stands in neighborhood to show what we do
- If you like summer cocktails, help us organize a cocktail competition or something like that :)
- GUEST CHEFS WELCOME!
- HELP US PLAN ACTIVITIES OR DO ACTIVITIES IN BLOCK PARTY- MUSIC, ART, DANCE, ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS, ALL IDEAS WELCOME!
- Promote or join Crafts Fairs connected to the events
- HELP US UPDATE WEBSITES - TASTESOFBROOKLYN.COM
If you love food and drink , like planning events, are organized, detail oriented and outgoing, please join us.
PLEASE NOTE - We depend on all volunteers to buy a ticket themselves to the event. You get amazing food. Please invite all you know.
Must be reliable.
Email us at email@example.com and tell us what you can do and when you are available.
ALL OFFERS WELCOME.
Website: tastesofbrooklyn.com (TO BE UPDATED)
About Seeds in the Middle
153 Warren Street, BROOKLYN, NY 11201, US
Seeds in the Middle partners with students, educators, parents & their communities to access all opportunities, beginning with improving health, enhancing arts education and greening their environment. We empower and educate all to get healthy and scale educational and social disparities. Our pilot schools are in central Brooklyn, a neighborhood with among the city’s highest obesity, diabetes, and heart disease rates. We teach how to grow, market, cook, access and prepare fresh food, how to exercise & engage in the arts, all the elements needed to promote life-changing lifelong health. Our volunteers come from all walks of life. We cross cultures. We transform gray into green, destitution into inspiration.
Seeds in the Middle offers joyful, healthy interventions that nurture the whole child and address the multiple obstacles blocking low-income children and families from getting healthy. We teach how to grow edible gardens, run a student-led Hip2B Healthy Market, bring chefs into schools, started soccer, running and fitness programs at school and in the community and music and arts in the schools. We integrate professional development for teachers so that a healthy lifestyle and environmental stewardship becomes organic and sustainable in the school community. To build community, we created Soccer for Harmony tournaments and the Crown Heights Farmers Market. In two years, we have engaged more than 1,000 families, and students and teachers report changing their habits to include more fruits and vegetables, and fitness. This is a pilot for any school and Seeds in the Middle plans to replicate.
We'll work with your schedule.
Columbia WaterfrontBrooklynBrooklyn, NY 11231
- Cooking / Catering
- Public Relations
- Social Media / Blogging
- Food & Beverage Services
- Event Planning / Management
- Event Design & Planning
- People 55+
- At least 4 hours, Can be virtual also before the events
- Enthusiasm. Must be reliable and complete task you agree to do.