Do you want to break the silence? Learn how volunteers support survivors.
71 people are interested
Response Teams Volunteers respond during the night, to provide immediate crisis intervention to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. Volunteers meet with survivors in the hospital and jail to offer support, information and advocacy immediately following incidents of domestic violence and sexual assault, as well as respond by phone when necessary. A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle are required for this program. On-call shifts are 5pm-8am Monday to Tuesday, Tuesday to Wednesday, Wednesday to Thursday, Thursday to Friday, Friday to Saturday. Required to sign up for 3 shifts a month.
Note: Due to insurance requirements, Response Team Volunteers must be at least 21 and provide additional car insurance documents.
We do require a 32 hour crisis intervention training and all 5 days are mandatory to attend before volunteering with survivors can begin. In addition, we require 8 hour on the job training and a six month commitment.
Please check to see if the dates match you schedule availability:
Our Spring 2020 Direct Service Volunteer Training will take place over five days:
- Day 1: Friday, March 13 from 5:30pm - 9:30pm. Dinner will be provided.
- Day 2: Saturday, March 14 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
- Day 3: Sunday, March 15 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
- Day 4: Friday, March 27 from 5:30pm - 9:30pm. Dinner will be provided.
- Day 5: Saturday, March 28 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
To apply for this position please go to www.safehousecenter.org/volunteer-information/volunteer-applications-forms/to complete application. After the application has been received you will be contacted about the next steps in the application process.
If this opportunity does not sound like a good fit, check out our 5 other volunteer options at www.safehousecenter.org.
Please send application by Monday March 2, 2020. After the application has been received you will be contacted about the interview process.
If you have questions, please contact our Volunteer and Intern Program Coordinator at (734) 973-0242 x 297 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About SafeHouse Center
4100 CLARK RD, ANN ARBOR, MI 48105, US
To provide safety, support, advocacy and resources for survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence and their children, and To work relentlessly to change the systems and attitudes that allow this abuse to continue.
SafeHouse Center provides support for those impacted by domestic violence or sexual assault. SafeHouse provides free and confidential services for any person victimized that lives or works in Washtenaw County. Our services include emergency shelter for those in danger of being hurt or killed, counseling, legal advocacy, support groups, and especially, hope .
- March 10, 2017 (Friday) 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- March 11, 2017 (Saturday) 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- March 12, 2017 (Sunday) 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- March 24, 2017 (Friday) 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- March 25, 2017 (Saturday) 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Check out www.safehousecenter.org for more details.
We'll work with your schedule.
4100 Clark RdAnn Arbor, MI 48105
- People Skills
- Crisis Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Face to face interview, mandatory 40 Hour Training, 6 month Commitment and 3 shifts per month.
- Volunteer In Services