Response Team Volunteers M-F Nights 5pm-8am
71 people are interested
Response Teams Volunteers respond during the night, to provide immediate crisis intervention to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. Volunteers meet with survivors in the hospital and jail to offer support, information and advocacy immediately following incidents of domestic violence and sexual assault, as well as respond by phone when necessary. A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle are required for this program. On-call shifts are 5pm-8am Monday to Tuesday, Tuesday to Wednesday, Wednesday to Thursday, Thursday to Friday, Friday to Saturday. Required to sign up for 3 shifts a month.
Note: Due to insurance requirements, Response Team Volunteers must be at least 21 and provide additional car insurance documents.
We do require a 32 hour crisis intervention training and all 5 days are mandatory to attend before volunteering with survivors can begin. In addition, we require 8 hour on the job training and a six month commitment.
Please check to see if the dates match you schedule availability:
Our Fall 2019 Direct Service Volunteer Training will take place over five days:
- Day 1: Friday, September 20 from 5:30pm - 9:30pm. Dinner will be provided.
- Day 2: Saturday, September 21 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
- Day 3: Sunday, September 22 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
- Day 4: Friday, October 4 from 5:30pm - 9:30pm. Dinner will be provided.
- Day 5: Saturday, October 5 from 9:00am - 6:00pm. Light breakfast and an afternoon snack will be provided.
To apply for this position please go to www.safehousecenter.org/volunteer-information/volunteer-applications-forms/to complete application. After the application has been received you will be contacted about the next steps in the application process.
Please send application by Monday September 9, 2019 by 12 noon. After the application has been received you will be contacted about the interview process.
If you have questions, please contact our Volunteer and Intern Program Coordinator at (734) 973-0242 x 252 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
4100 Clark RdAnn Arbor, MI 48105
- People Skills
- Crisis Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Face to face interview, mandatory 40 Hour Training, 6 month Commitment and 3 shifts per month.
- Volunteer In Services