10 people are interested
Home Delivery Driver - Food Bank Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Rainier Valley Food Bank
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
Goal of the position: Every Thursday, we deliver grocery bags to our clients who are disabled or immunocompromised and unable to come to the food bank in person. As a home delivery driver, you will drive your own vehicle to deliver between 15-25 bags of food to a set list of clients in South Seattle.
* Valid driver’s license
* Background check
* Availability Thursdays. Pick up times available 10am - 2pm. Plan for 3 hours, many routes take less time.
* Highly personable and works well with others
* Minimum 3 month commitment desired - you do not have to commit to every week.
* Safely deliver bags to 15-25 clients each Thursday (occasional volunteers also welcome)
* Check in on client’s welfare as possible, report concerns and changes to home delivery coordinator
Our food bank could not operate at this scale without a cadre of committed, long-term community volunteers who contribute over 2,000 hours of service every month.
* Punctual, dependable, enthusiastic, flexible and positive attitude
* Strong communication skills. Both to clients and with RVFB coordination staff
* Outgoing and enjoys working with people and helping clients
* Must be able to work in both calm and fast-paced environments
* Comfortable with diverse populations in high energy settings
* Multi-lingual is a huge plus!
All applicants must fill out an application & are subject to criminal background check.
All Volunteers must present proof of COVID Vaccination and wear a mask while delivering.
Ryan Cooper - Volunteer Coordinator
9021 Rainier Ave S
Seattle WA 98118
About Rainier Valley Food Bank
9021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle, WA 98118, US
Nourish with good food, empower with knowledge, and serve with compassion.
Rainier Valley Food Bank is Seattle's busiest food bank, serving an estimated 25% of all individuals seeking food assistance in Seattle. We are proud to provide fresh, healthy, nutritious, and culturally sensitive food to more than 8,000 guests every month.
As a low-barrier food bank, we pride ourselves on providing resources to all individuals in need who may come across our doorstep. Rainier Valley Food Bank also represents the only emergency food resource in Southeast Seattle.
9021 Rainier Avenue SouthSeattle, WA 98118
December 14, 2022
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Ideally weekly, but occasional drivers welcome!
- background check, proof of COVID Vaccination.