Left Forum is looking for a volunteer to join our video tech and production team!
About Video Tech & Production Volunteer Positions
Coming off of a successful conference with over 1,200 speakers, and having video footage of the speakers and featured events at the conference provides one of the sources for the development of new video content. We have recently launched a video and media archive to bring the wealth of ideas and dialogues generated at the Left Forum to the world-or, at least to the world via the Internet and social media sites. With video archives of speakers and events spanning the 10 year history of the Forum, opportunities abound for the production of promotional video clips, as well as live interviews from workshops, events, and our annual flagship conference.
If you are interested in helping to build the website into a high-traffic, highly user-engaged site with a thorough and searchable database, this volunteer opportunity is for you.
Film students and social media activists alike are welcome! This is an excellent opportunity to develop and hone your video production and editing skills while gaining valuable, high-profile experience in the academic and nonprofit arenas. The position can be molded to fit the individual's strengths and interests.
* Edit and produce video clips, promotional pieces and full length videos
* Utilize multiple video editing and production platforms - Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop
* Tailor video output to specific outlets; Facebook, YouTube, etc.
* Accurately follow production briefs to create video work compatible with Left Forum styling and communicates the brand narrative
* Work with ally video and media outlets in the production - and posting - of video footage to maximize social media reach
* Help to coordinate ally and volunteer videographers for live conference video recording and production
* Assisting in video shoots on location and at events
* Join in and help build team-work in creative development and production processes
* Help digitize, edit, upload, and promote video content-conference panels, featured speakers, interviews, and more
* Help to create and maintain a user-friendly interactive archival video interface, including logging footage details into Left Forum database.
* Initiate and contribute to marketing and social media networking campaigns to promote the conference video and media archive along with outreach and networking on particular video topic area tracks that appeal to different constituencies.
Background and Desired Experience
* Knowledge of grassroots organizing and social justice
* Previous digital media and video editing experience is strongly preferred
* Background as a social media/digital strategist (is a plus - but not required)
* High level of attention to detail and ability to see projects through to their completion
* Ability to work independently and remotely
* Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team
* Communications and/or marketing background is helpful
* Familiarity with web content management systems (Drupal or equivalent web content programs) is a plus, but not required
* Familiarity with social media networking
We ask for 10+ hours a week, although any amount of volunteer time will help. Hours are flexible and can be adapted to fit your schedule. We also ask for a minimum of a three-month commitment. A modicum of computer skills is desired. Volunteer opportunities begin immediately.
Please send a cover letter and/or resume to email@example.com
- Content Management Systems
- Video Production
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Project Management
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Volunteers typically work 10+ hours a week or more