RISE Academy Volunteers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
77 people are interested
Volunteers are needed in supporting adults in the Washoe County area to achieve an adult high school diploma, learn more English, and/or to obtain a high school equivalency. Tutoring and mentoring are needed for adults that are in one of the six programs available. The six program that all lead to an adult high school diploma, if one chooses, are:
- Adult High School Diploma
- Distance Education (to receive credits towards an adult high school diploma)
- HSE - High School Equivalency Test Preparation Courses and Testing
- ELL - English Language Learner Program for adults wanting to improve their English skills
- ABE -Adult Basic Education for adults to improve their literacy and numeracy skills
- High School Proficiency Exam Test Preparation Courses and Testing
About Washoe County School District-Volunteer Services
425 E. 9th Street, Reno, NV 89512, US
Washoe County School District Mission: The Washoe County School District provides each student the opportunity to achieve his or her potential through a superior education in a safe and challenging environment in order to develop responsible and productive citizens for our diverse and rapidly changing community.
Volunteer Services Mission: Providing safe productive community volunteers and other resources for the academic support of all WCSD schools in a copperative, efficient and friendly manner.
Washoe County School District is an educational organization for Kindergarten thru 12th grade.
Volunteer Services is responsible for the assessment, development of volunteer programs, marketing/recruiting, screening, orientation/training, placement/coordination, recognition and retention of community volunteers tutors providing academic support for WCSD schools.
We'll work with your schedule.
494 Poplar StReno, NV 89512
- General Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18