Left Forum seeks to fill fundraising and development volunteer positions. This is a one semester to two semester (or monthly equivalent) position. This volunteer opportunity starts immediately.
We seek motivated individuals who are familiar with the issues of fundraising for progressive causes. We look for those interested in furthering their fundraising skills and experience, who are capable of helping to coordinate fundraising and social events while showing proficiency in the administrative dimensions of fundraising. This is an excellent opportunity to hone event planning, fundraising, and non-profit development skills while gaining valuable, high-profile experience in the academic and nonprofit arenas. The position can be molded to fit the individual’s strengths and interests.
- Assist in researching and cultivating funding sources such as donors and online contributors
- Assist in developing funding campaigns, donor solicitations, and long-term strategies
- Essential administrative functions such as creating reports, attending meetings, and developing event plans and event funding strategies
Background and Experience
- Must have a passion for grassroots organizing and social justice
- Experience with constituent management databases preferred
- Applied research, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- The ability to see projects through to their completion
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and handle a variety of projects
- Ability to work effectively, both individually and in a team
- Experience in fundraising and donor development
We're a small organization with a dedicated group of organizers, staff, and volunteers, leaving lots of room for your creativity. You'll have the opportunity to work in an interesting (and very relaxed!) office in the CUNY Graduate Center where you'll interact with scholars and people who are involved with grassroots social justice movements.
This volunteer position is most beneficial when carried out through the entire conference cycle (which ends in mid-June). Volunteer opportunities begin immediately. Please send a cover letter and/or resume to email@example.com.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Google Apps
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Approx. 10 hrs a week, 3 months minimum, flexible