- Assist staff with general house management/activities, case management, and advocacy.
- Serve as advocate for mothers working toward self-sufficiency goals, targeting skills that will help them to obtain and keep permanent housing.
- Help to oversee the guidelines of the program, including making sure that residents clean the living spaces within the facility, promoting their children's education through regular school attendance and participation in homework time after school, as well as other educational/social activities, and practicing positive interaction with their children and the other residents.
Foundation Year and Concentration Year Clinical Interns
- Develop skills as a case manager and/or children's advocate within the residential shelter for women with children who are homeless.
- Interns eventually build a case load of clients or provide routine facilitation of activities (wellness, educational or recreational) for residents.
Concentration YearCommunity Interns
- Research and develop collaborations with partner community agencies for related services and conduct program evaluation with prospective or former clients.
- Our organization’s constituents will receive premier service and be connected with the best Family Tree staff member to meet their needs.
- Children’s Advocate and Case Management intern will demonstrate the value of effective volunteer engagement and attract additional volunteers that can help build Family Tree’s capacity.
- This role will help House of Hope staff to fulfill strategic priorities.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Six months to a year
- Host / Reception Assistant -...
- Administrative & Crisis Support...
- Supervised Visitation...
- Treasure Trunk Thrift Store Guru
- House of Hope - Dinner Donor
- House of Hope - Children's...
- Domestic Violence Outreach -...
- Communications and Public...
- Karlis Family Center - Playtime...
- Family Advocate Volunteer