Help ESL students in our evening Adult Education classes practice their English! We need volunteers to have basic conversations with our students to help them become more comfortable with the language and let them try out new words and phrases they learn in class.
- Fluency in Spanish, Arabic, or French.
- Prior experience tutoring or teaching.
- A degree in Education, Social Work, or a desired foreign language can substitute for experience.
- Patience, compassion, and understanding while working with students with varying education levels and experience.
- Respect for and desire to work within a diverse population.
- Creativity and the ability to explain subject material from multiple angles.
- Professional, reliable, punctual and creative personality.
- Ability to respectfully and supportively give corrections to students.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com.
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 days a week, 2-3 hours a day.