Do you have a dog that inspires smiles? Come - Lend us a Paw!
DONATE TO THIS
122 people are interested
We love bringing a smile to the faces of those in need!
Thank you for your interest in Paws & Think, a leader in using the Human-Animal Bond to enhance lives in the Indianapolis community. We are currently looking for volunteers in our canine-facilitated therapy programs.
ANIMAL ASSISTED INTERVENTION PROGRAMS
We offer Animal Assisted Activity classes and evaluations, as well as providing liability insurance for our Therapy dog teams. Take your registered therapy dog to interact with children and adults in many settings.
- Improve a childs reading and comprehension skills by allowing the child to read to your dog at the library
- Assist children through the grieving process in an upbeat, structured program
- Help a senior reconnect with the world through the affection of your dog
- Provide comfort to patients and visitors in hospital settings and hospice care
- For those who have the desire to help but lack the time, consider making a tax-deductible donation to Paws and Think, Inc.
We'll work with your schedule.
Indianapolis and Surrounding CommunitiesCarmel, Noblesville, Westfield, Zionsville, AvonPlainfield, Greenwood, Greenfield, ShelbyvilleINDIANAPOLIS, IN 46202
- People Skills
- Literacy / Reading
- Animal Therapy
- Animal Care / Handling
- Elder care
- Crisis Intervention
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We suggest 20 hours per year
- Youth 12-18 may volunteer with a parent/guardian