Volunteers should support the Mission, Values and Goals of The Fishing School. Our main priority is to prepare public school youth for middle school and beyond by building academic and life skills and by engaging them and their parents through intensive, multi-year programs and services.
At The Fishing School, our volunteers are an integral part of our organization. Volunteers provide on-site and behind-the-scenes help that makes many of our initiatives as effective as they are. As an Office Aide, you will support our in-office staff in completing important administrative and organizational tasks.
- Conduct research and compile findings into well-organized documents in various computer applications.
- Enter data from one system to another, such as from hard copy to soft copy.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file office records.
- Conduct office inventory and maintain organization of work areas.
- Provide support to multiple departments to gain insight on the distinct branches of the organization.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Other basic duties as assigned.
- All volunteers must undergo a Volunteer Screening, Orientation and Training.
- Background Check required for anyone 18+.
- Proficiency in multiple computer programs.
- General office skills and a familiarity with standard office procedures and equipment.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to complete projects in a timely fashion.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written English.
*Please be prepared to submit a resume and cover letter with your inquiry.
- Office Management
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training