Are you looking for a truly meaningful volunteer experience? Catholic Charities is currently recruiting mentors to work with youth ages 9-12 in Lake County. Once you’ve been matched, develop a schedule and plan activities that work best for you and your mentee. Outings can happen during the week or on the weekend. Take in a movie, visit a museum, play a board game, or just spend a day in the park. Our Program Coordinator will be there every step of the way to offer guidance and training, suggest age appropriate activities, and help you develop a strong relationship with your mentee. You will also have an opportunity to participate in quarterly special events that bring all of our mentors and mentees together to engage in fun activities, share ideas, and build supportive relationships. Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Be at least 21 years old
- Commit to a minimum of a 1 year relationship, meeting 1-2 hours per week
- Complete volunteer application, orientation process and mentor trainings
- Own a car and have a valid Illinois DL and proof of insurance (no car sharing programs allowed) Must have 3 years of experience driving with a valid DL
- Be willing to drive up to 30 minutes to pick up your mentee, and drive mentee to and from all outings
- Allow the agency to conduct a thorough Criminal Background and Driving Motor Vehicle Check
- Be able to participate in regular meetings/phone contacts with Catholic Charities staff person.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1-2 hours a week for one year
- Evening Suppers in Round Lake
- Talented Volunteers Needed
- Client Greeter and Child Helper
- Help Serve Lunch to Seniors in...
- Deliver Meals to Seniors in Lake...
- Evening Suppers in Highwood
- Help Serve Lunch at the...
- Emergency Assistance Phone Support
- Congregate Lunch Coordinator
- Make a difference. Be a Youth...