Help us Decrease the Violence in our City by Becoming our Grant Writer
Inter-Faith Social Change Movement
The Inter-Faith Social Change Movement
Seeks Qualified Grant Writer Volunteer Position
The Interfaith Social Change Movement is a coalition of religious institutions, business owners, educators, and community leaders dedicated to making a difference in the lives of disadvantaged Philadelphians is looking for a grant writer to serve on our board and write funding proposals for its Business and Career Exploration Program for elementary and middle school aged children.
GRANT WRITER DESCRIPTION
- Meets with Chief Executive and program managers and staff of the organization to obtain knowledge and information about the organization's mission, goals, objectives, programs, and activities.
- Researches and Identifies appropriate funding opportunities and resources available from private foundations, state, local, and federal agencies.
- Prepares, and submits paper and on-line grant applications and proposals for the organization's existing and planned programs and activities in accordance with funders' guidelines.
- Gathers all necessary documentation required in support of the application required by funders.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent grammar, writing, and editing skills
- Knowledge of internet websites relating to fundraising and proposal writing such as grants.gov, and Pennsylvania's e-grants system.
- Comprehensive knowledge of word processing and e-mail programs and applications such as MS Word, Outlook and Publisher
- Ability to create a budget using computer spreadsheet applications, such as Excel or Lotus
- Knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, and equipment;
- Ability to work collaboratively with other professionals.
- Demonstrates self-reliance and resourcefulness.
- Oral Communication Skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
A Bachelor's Degree in English, Education, Communications, Public Relations, Business, Marketing or similar field with a minimum of three years of experience in federal and foundation grant writing for non-profit or for-profit organizations and a demonstrated track record of success in winning public and private grants. Please reply by sending an email to email@example.com.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Inter-Faith Social Change Movement
4917 Frankford Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19149, US
The Interfaith Social Change Movement is a non-profit 501 C3 coalition of religious institutions, business owners, educators, and community leaders throughout the Philadelphia area. Our mission and purpose is built upon the foundation that the theological common thread of all religion is to alleviate the suffering of humanity and to help our children develop toward educational excellence.
If it is true that our children are most impressionable at an early age, then we believe it’s quite elementary to start providing opportunities of life changing support and mentoring that will not only help decrease our alarming dropout rates, reduce truancy, change negative behaviors or involvement in criminal activities recently seen in flash mobs incidents, but also maximize their overall future success in developing toward their full potential, which benefits our community at large.
The cornerstone of our work with disadvantaged children is Interfaith’s innovative and historic Business and Career Exploration Program (BCEP)
Our program is both state of the art and one of a kind in the history of the Philadelphia School District, in that it seeks to nurture and encourages the career aspirations of young people at the critical juncture between adolescence and young adulthood, though providing them with opportunities to interact and engage in activities with strong, providing role models and mentors with various Universities and Colleges.