Does technology come easily to you? Are you great with computers? Help Tubman's shelter residents and members of the community access one of today's most valuable resources, the computer.
Computer Resource Assistants make it possible for Tubman to provide a safe place to access computer and technology resources to Tubman clients and community members who have limited access to computers or the internet at home. Assisting with computer and printer use, Computer Resource Assistants oversee the day-to-day needs of the computer lab, enabling clients to research job or housing opportunities, create and print a resume, access resources, or stay in touch with their social networks.
Impact & Benefits
- Give back to the community with your computer and communication skills, helping others to gain access to Tubman’s resources
- Gain experience working with a diverse community of individuals and families
- Follow agency guidelines as you interact with clients and maintain a welcoming environment, providing direct support to clients and maintaining professional boundaries
- Assist clients with launching and using software (Microsoft Office, internet browsers, etc.) and troubleshoot basic computer problems and software issues as needed
- Be willing to work independently and responsibly, opening the computer lab for your scheduled shifts, and keeping the space clean and well-organized
Application is available at our website:
In addition to completing the online application please send your cover letter and resume to Joanie Braun at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-767-6680 with questions.
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities.
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week Mon-Thurs, 11am-3pm
- Evening shifts also available