You can make a difference in the lives of those who need you in the community. Here’s how:
- Meals On Wheels Driver/Server - deliver hot, nutritious meals to the homebound, elderly or ill.
- Adopt-A-Route - Meals On Wheels has an Adopt-A-Route program, which is especially ideal for a group who would like to share a weekly lunchtime commitment by adopting a route. Many local businesses, community agencies, and church groups are involved.
- Seasonal Substitute - fill in for regular volunteers who are away during winter, summer or for an extended period of time.
- Route Captain -- schedule volunteers for assigned routes and keep a monthly calendar. At the end of the month, captains report volunteer times to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Clerical Assistants - Volunteers work within VNS to assist departments with a variety of clerical duties, such as mailings, data entry, customer service or special projects.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- license needed only if delivering meals