Volunteers are the heart of our hospice team. We depend on our hospice volunteers to help us provide the extra love and care our patients and their families need at this time in their life. Volunteers offer support, companionship and compassionate help to our patients. Volunteers spend time with our patients sitting, talking, reading and socializing. As a hospice volunteer, you will be oriented to the hospice program so you can understand our caring philosopy and goals. Are you often told you are a good listener, non-judgemental and a compassionate presence? We are looking to add you to our team!
Additional participation for Veterans volunteers in our No Veteran Dies Alone program.
- Reading Comprehension
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4x per month
- TB testing at our Westmont office
- Friendly Visitor - Batavia -...
- Administrative Volunteers Needed...
- Hospice Friendly Visit Volunteer
- Veterans for Veterans: Calling...
- Friendly Visitor - Glen Ellyn
- Friendly Visitors - Heartland...
- No person should die ALONE
- Crocheting, Quilting, Knitting...
- Hospice Friendly Visitor -...
- NEW Volunteer Training this...
- Veterans serving Veterans...
- Pet Enrichment Volunteer