Habitat for Humanity- Skilled Construction Volunteer
5 people are interested
Experience Construction Volunteer
OBJECTIVES: Construction Volunteers are the foundation of Habitat SSBC homeownership program, often working alongside future home buyers. They build homes from the ground up! The primary responsibility of an experienced construction volunteer is to work closely with the Construction Manager to ensure that mile stones on the construction site are met and work is done properly and safely.
- Review weekly construction goals with the Construction Manager
- Coordinate the tools and materials needed to carry out specific tasks
- Lead small teams of volunteer is targeted tasks
REPORTS TO: Construction Manager, Ben Bradley
- Knowledge of power tools
- Experience in a specific construction trade
- Ability to navigate an active construction site
- Ability to lift more than 50lbs
BENEFITS TO VOLUNTEER:
- Being part of the Habitat for Humanity of Southern Santa Barbara County mission to build strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter.
- Opportunity to interact with a variety of different people.
- 1 day/ every 2 weeks as decided upon by the volunteer and construction manager
- On-site training is provided and consists of an orientation with the Volunteer Coordinator, review of the Volunteer Manual, safety training and hands-on training by Construction Manager. On-going supervision and training will be provided as needed.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
We'll work with your schedule.
822 E. Canon PerdidoSanta Barbara, CA 93103
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18