ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: PetsLoyal2Vets.org is a 501(C)(3) non-profit Minnesota organization which provides highly trained dogs to Minnesota veterans diagnosed and treated for PTSD, traumatic brain injuries and physical assault traumas free of charge.
You've got years of experience and now, want to show how you write, submit and win superbly written grants and RFP's. Our candidate cares about people and wants to make a difference in the lives of Minnesota veterans while helping partner those veterans with highly trained service dogs. At Pets Loyal 2 Vets, you will have a generous opportunity to impact those greatest in need and drive home the hope that will change their lives forever.
We are seeking a seasoned Funding Director with 5 years or more experience who has successfully written and submitted winning proposals on behalf of non-profit organizations (veteran organizations a plus) as well as compiling grant reports and other documentations needed to effectively obtain funding for the organization. Grant funding successes must total 5 times salary or more and not include donations in kind.
You should be the kind of person who promotes effective communications, is self driven almost to a fault while building strategic partnerships with foundations and corporate sponsors and not afraid to dive into your work. Your efforts drive home the hope many veterans will have on graduation day. Our best candidate can split the 40 hour work week between home and office so living close by is a plus.
- Electronic grant application submissions via on-line and hardcopy requirements
- Clear and concise grant writing English and terminology
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong emphahsis in financing, budgets and strategic planning
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Strong administrative support with board members and directors
- Ability to form cohesive relationships while building trust among peers and volunteers
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to manage funding projects with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and related software
- Grants and Foundations data base management a must
- Be able to effectively follow through with each proposal and maintain relationships via updates and repeat submissions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, English, Marketing, Finance or Communications with a minimum of 5 years of successful full time measured fundraising experience in a non-profit environment.
- Appreciation of our mission, vision and goals to help Minnesota veterans
- Research experience and knowledge of all aspects of fundraising required
- Strong computer skills, Excel, Microsoft products and contact management database tools
- Possess a strong work ethic and demonstrate the ability to work independently
- Proven success in achieving grant funding and continuation of funding
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills necessary
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds including the disabled
- Must be able to work independently and report to the Executive Director
- Must have valid driver’s license, speak fluent and clear English
- Organized, self-directed and able to handle multiple projects on tight timelines.
Our Vision: To provide ongoing services related to connecting male and female veterans diagnosed and treated for PTSD and TBI with companion and therapy dogs and to grow the organization to chapters throughout Minnesota.
(www.petsloyal2vets.org) HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit your resume, cover letter and social media pages with salary expectations along with 3 references that successfully illustrate prior or current funding and or grant submission experience to the Executive Director at Jeff@pl2vets.org. Please do not submit if you have less than 5 continuous years experience or live further than 25 miles from Burnsville, MN. You can see more about what we do for veterans at www.petsloyal2vets.org and on our Facebook page under PetsLoyal2Vets.
Put your honed skills to good use and help open the doors to hundreds of Minnesota veterans seeking hope with a new four legged partner. Best Candidates have no conflicts of interest and must live within the Minneapolis or St. Paul, Minnesota area and must attend monthly board meetings. We are willing to compensate the right candidate. Will that candidate be you? Lets find out.
* Veterans encouraged to apply
- Market Research
- Financial Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 45 hours per week fulltime
- Grant maker database management