The Alexander & Baldwin Sugar Museum is seeking volunteers to assist with its School Program. Docents (tour guides) lead groups of Maui’s elementary school students on educational tours of the museum, teaching them about the history and heritage of the sugar industry and plantation life. Tuesday and Thursday mornings, 9:30 - 11:30 am, during the school year. This is a seasonal, on call opportunity. You choose which Tuesday and/or Thursday you want to help out!
We are grateful for the support of volunteers, who are the very foundation of this important educational program.
Benefits of volunteering at the Sugar Museum include:
- Stipend for travel to and from Museum
- Free Museum admission for you and your family members
- 4 Bango Passes for free admission for your friends and/or visitors
- Appreciation Luncheon
- 20% off in the Plantation Store Gift Shop
- Learning and sharing Maui's history
- Exhibition Arts
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 hours per shift, we work with you!