External Communication Coordinator
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
The External Communication Coordinator promotes and safeguards the reputation of Chris Elliott Fund (CEF) by contributing to the development and implementation of effective communication activities. Ensures that CEF’s brand message is consistent, timely, and relevant.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with members of the media, trade associations and constituent groups
- Work with media outlets to publish timely company information, such as press releases, brochures, and other materials
- Ensure communication strategy is consistent and reflects CEF’s strategic vision
- Work with Social Media Marketing Coordinator to develop and implement social media strategies
- Produce and publish mass communications with email blasts and marketing campaigns
- Refine core messaging to ensure organizational consistency in all aspects of communication
- Create or uncover opportunities for CEF spokespeople to engage directly with the media including interviews, speaking engagements, and panels
- Develop CEF media materials including press kit, backgrounder, executive bios, Q&As, talking points, etc.
- Document presence of CEF spokespeople at events, conferences, and speaking engagements
- Advocate on behalf of the CEF brand with external stakeholders and the media across all communications channels and vehicles
- Collaborate with PR/marketing agency to develop the advertising, marketing and promotion plans
- Write business letters, emails and other business communications as needed
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Desire to further Chris Elliott Fund’s mission and goals
- Excellent written and public speaking skills
- Project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong organizational skills with a detail orientation
- Professional demeanor with a client-focused orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to form relationships
- Advanced knowledge of Windows-based applications including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Experience with social media platforms and technologies including Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and YouTube
- Creativity and marketing savvy
- Time commitment of approximately 10 - 12 hours/month
- Knowledge of CEF mission, policies and procedures
- Ongoing training in relevant aspects of CEF’s operations, activities and programs
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
More opportunities with Chris Elliott Fund - Providing National Patient & Family Brain Tumor Support
- Phone Work Volunteers
- Sponsorship Chair and Committee...
- Volunteer Operations Manager
- General CEF Volunteers
- Public Relations & Community...
- Public Relations & Marketing...
- Looking for a mission driven...
- Seeking Dynamic Fund Raiser
- Grant Writer/Grant Writing Chair
- Major Gifts Officer
- Health Information Volunteer...
- Social Media Marketing Coordinator
- PR/Media Chair and Committee...
- Events Manager
- External Media Coordinator
- Volunteer System Administrator
- Healthcare for Hope Coordinator
- ER Physician Outreach Coordinator
- Dynamic Sponsorships Chair &...