************ IMPORTANT NOTICE ************
As of January 5, 2018, the City of San Diego Park and Recreation Department’s Volunteer Office will no longer monitor or respond to volunteer inquiries/applications submitted through VolunteerMatch.
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, please apply through Better Impact at the following link: bit.ly/parkandrecchollascreekenhance
Other opportunities offered by Park and Recreation can be viewed at bit.ly/cityofsdvolunteer
Come on out and help us revitalize Chollas Creek! For decades the creek has been plagued by pollution, illegal dumping and the destruction of natural habitats. Unfortunately, the creek also drains into the San Diego Bay and pollutes our ocean. Please come out and help us protect our Bay, and clean and beautify our Creek. Projects range from non-native plant removal, planting native plants (depending on time of year), trash pick up and trail maintenance.
*There are no public restroom at this site*
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Drop-In, Everyone Welcome
- Wear Closed Toed Shoes/Hat/Sunscreen/Bring your own water & snacks
- Juniper Canyon Environment Project
- Camp Wet & Wild!
- Rancho Mission Enhancement Project
- Camp at the Bay!
- People in Recovery Table Games
- University Heights Environmental...
- Have a Large Group and Need a...
- Los Peñasquitos Canyon...
- North Park Spring Egg Hunt
- West Sycamore Volunteer Crew
- Park Beautification Crew...
- Ruffin Canyon Environmental...
- Navajo Canyon Restoration Project
- Chollas Creek Environmental...
- People in Recovery Table Tennis...
- Habitat Restoration Crew...
- Kid Zone Adventure Camp
- Trail Improvement Crew (Mission...
- Rancho Penasquitos / Mira Mesa...
- Graffiti Warriors