Participate in trash clean-up, in removing invasive non-native plants, and the replanting of native plants. (Depending on steason/time of the year) During planting season, this project entails planting scrub oaks, lemonadeberry, buckwheat, laurel sumac, manzanita, and Coast Live Oak trees to help restore the canyon in parts it has been destroyed. This project also includes remove arundo, which looks like bamboo that is harmful to our waterways, native plants, and is of no use to insects, birds and other animals.
TO SIGN UP FOR THIS PROJECT PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION ON: https://app.betterimpact.com/PublicEnterprise/EnterpriseSearch?EnterpriseGuid=e7ef01a2-fd5d-40e9-a8d0-78324d817ec7&SearchType=OrganizationClassification&SearchId=9332
Good Match For
Kids Teens Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Doyle Recreation Center -...
- Juniper Canyon Environment Project
- Weed Warriors / Habitat...
- 47th Street Canyon Enhancement
- University Heights Environmental...
- Los Peñasquitos Canyon...
- Ruffin Canyon Environmental...
- Volleyball Coach Helper
- Habitat Restoration Crew
- Trail Improvement Crew
- Co-Ed Volleyball League
- Rancho Peñasquitos / Mira Mesa...
- Court-Ordered Community Service...
- Graffiti Warriors
- Santa Claus at Hourglass Park
- Flag Football League