Participate in trash clean-up, in removing invasive non-native plants, and the replanting of native plants. (Depending on steason/time of the year) During planting season, this project entails planting scrub oaks, lemonadeberry, buckwheat, laurel sumac, manzanita, and Coast Live Oak trees to help restore the canyon in parts it has been destroyed. This project also includes remove arundo, which looks like bamboo that is harmful to our waterways, native plants, and is of no use to insects, birds and other animals.
TO SIGN UP FOR THIS PROJECT PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION ON: https://app.betterimpact.com/PublicEnterprise/EnterpriseSearch?EnterpriseGuid=e7ef01a2-fd5d-40e9-a8d0-78324d817ec7&SearchType=OrganizationClassification&SearchId=9332
Good Match For
Kids Teens Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Juniper Canyon Environment Project
- Volleyball Volunteers Needed at...
- Camp Wet & Wild!
- Camp at the Bay!
- 47th Street Canyon Enhancement
- University Heights Environmental...
- Los Peñasquitos Canyon...
- Play day at the Lake!
- West Sycamore Volunteer Crew
- Ruffin Canyon Environmental...
- Youth Volleyball Coach
- Navajo Canyon Restoration Project
- Youth Baseball Coach at Adams...
- Chollas Creek Environmental...
- Habitat Restoration Crew
- Weed Removal in Historic Old Town
- Trail Improvement Crew
- Movie in the Park!
- Summer Camp Volunteer at Golden...
- Rancho Peñasquitos / Mira Mesa...