The Development Department at Southwest Center is responsible for fundraising development, marketing and communicating programs and services to the public, and the volunteer engagement program for the organization. The Development intern/Volunteer will work closely with the Chief Development Officer and Fundraising & Events Manager to aid in the many aspects of searching for and maintaining donors for Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Assist in researching and identifying individuals and organizational prospects for resources and funding opportunities.
- Assist with fundraising and community outreach events.
- Capture and enter donor management activities into database.
- Gather data and complete prospect profile worksheets.
- Make donor "thank you" calls and gather any updated contact information.
- Provide general administrative support including updating and maintain donor databases and files, prepare correspondence and assist with mailings.
- Adhere to Southwest Center mission, standards and values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: High motivation and willingness to learn are essential, a high level of confidentiality due to access to vital financial and organizational information, proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel and Internet research. Strong written and verbal skills, ability to work well with others, flexible and reliable are key. Students pursing a degree in Nonprofit Management, Social Services, Fund Development, Communications, Management or related field are highly encouraged to apply.
Time Commitment: We offer a flexible schedule and number of hours to satisfy the school's internship requirement (if applicable). We ask for a minimum of one term with 10-20 hours per week primarily weekday hours but a few early evening or weekend hours may also be available.
To apply, complete the volunteer interest form at www.swhiv.org/get-involved/volunteer or contact Ellen Lord at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-595-8154.
- Data Entry
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 hours per week