It’s a simple notion: people who are sick should not be without food. Yet it happens every day that people in our community with life-threatening illnesses find themselves unable to shop or cook and, often, without the support network to help.
With the support of people like you, Open Arms brings comfort, nutrition, and support to our fellow community members who are living with life-threatening illnesses. We deliver homemade food to approximately 1,000 clients every week across the Twin Cities, using healthy ingredients, free of charge. Join us to bring nourishment to those who need it most!
Delivery volunteers begin between 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. and routes are typically 1-2 hours long. Feel free to bring friends and family to deliver with you, and have a good time making your community a better place! This is also a great opportunity to introduce service to kids; Open Arms is excited to offer fun and engaging volunteer opportunities for the whole family.
In return for your service, Open Arms will provide you with the opportunity to part of a warm and giving community, engaging and flexible volunteer opportunities, and the chance to give back in a meaningful way. Volunteer once, on a regular shift, or as you are able. It’s simple acts of kindness like this that remind clients just how many people in their community care about them!
Apply online at http://www.openarmsmn.org/new-volunteers/ . If you have any questions, feel free to contact Lila Gilbert at 612-767-7330.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- No minimum requirement
- Must have transportation to deliver
- Bring nourishment to those in...
- Nonprofit Internship
- Be the Smiling Face at Open Arms...
- Deliver Meals to Those in Need!
- Client Bag Decorating
- Group Kitchen Opportunity
- Prepare Meals for Those in Need!
- Bring Delicious Meals to Those...
- Become a Volunteer and Prep...
- Looking for a meaningful and fun...
- Deliver Meals to Those in need...
- Bring Nourishment to Those in...
- Team Meal Delivery Opportunity
- Family Delivery Opportunity