BayPath Elder Services' Elder Nutrition Program is currently seeking volunteers to deliver hot, nutritious lunches to older and disabled adults. Currently our kitchens in Framingham, Holliston, Southboro, and Marlboro are looking for new delivery volunteers.
We provide meals, training, mileage reimbursement, and delivery equipment. Volunteers, using their own automobile, can choose a day(s) to deliver meals between Monday - Friday. Delivery time is typically 10:00-12:00noon. A volunteer's role is far more important than the meals they deliver:
* They are often the only contact our customers have all day.
* They provide a warm smile and a caring attitude.
* They are a safety check to help ensure our customer's well being.
* They are the eyes and ears of Meals-on-Wheels and often alert us to customers with additional needs.
Delivery volunteers are required to have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, complete a 1 hour training session and pass a background check. Children and students can volunteer with an adult 18 years of age or older. Delivery volunteers may deliver as often as they like, but we ask for a minimum of two days per month. We are able to schedule most volunteers for service near their home or office.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- once a week or once every other week
- or as often as you are available!!