Utah Health and Human Rights Project (UHHR) is in need of interpreters experienced in language services. UHHR provides specialized mental health, medical, legal and case management services to refugees, asylees, and immigrants who have endured severe human rights abuses, including torture and war-related trauma. Interpreters are needed to assist clients during their psychotherapy, case management and psychiatry appointments to effectively communicate and receive appropriate care. Critical languages needed are Arabic, Tigrinya, Rohingya, Swahili, Burmese, Somali, French-Congolese. Each session would require approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours of volunteered time.
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 6 month commitment preferred
- Mentor for LGBT Refugees and...
- Mentor Refugee Children!
- UHHR/Big Brother Big Sister for...
- Help Refugees rebuild their...
- Medication Case Management...
- Transportation Assistant for...
- English Conversation Mentor for...
- Office Manager/Receptionist
- UTA Transportation Mentor for...
- Refugee/new Immigrant Befriender
- Volunteer Driver
- UHHR/ Big Brother Big Sister for...
- Childcare for Refugees