Exercise and help your community at the same time! Become a Trail Ambassador.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
65 people are interested
Provide a presence on the Schuylkill River Trail in a non-enforcement capacity. Most Ambassadors choose to bike the trail, but you can also walk or run! Ambassadors will provide information to trail users, record and report problems to trail managers and take an active role in promoting the trail. Ambassadors are to call 911 if needed and are never to take on law enforcement type responsibilities.
The responsibilities of Trail Ambassadors are varied and wide ranging but will include;
- attend at least one of the Trail Ambassador Pre-season Training Programs (2-3hrs)
- have available and distribute maps, contact information, and other literature such as volunteer applications or contact information to interested trail users
- interact with the general public in a professional, courteous manner that reflects well on the program and avoids conflict
- report problems to the local trail manager in a timely manner
- completion and submission of time sheet for hours volunteered to the local trail manager
- provide input to develop and improve the Trail Ambassador Program
- wear the provided clothing when serving as a Trail Ambassadors so that you are clearly identified as an Ambassador
Participation in a program that supports the Schuylkill River Trail, one of our region’s most treasured recreational resources!
- be at least 18 years old
- have a friendly approachable manner when undertaking Ambassador duties
- have the ability to communicate with the general public
- be patient
Trail Ambassadors are required to volunteer for a minimum of 8 hours a month between April and October to maintain their status. There is no upper limit to the number of hours. You may contribute any hours you wish between November and March.
About Schuylkill River Greenway Association
140 College Drive, Pottstown, PA 19464, US
The Schuylkill River Greenway Association is the designated management organization for the Schuylkill River National & State Heritage Area. The mission of the heritage area is: To conserve, interpret and develop the historical, cultural, natural and recreational resources related to the industrial and cultural heritage of the Schuylkill River Valley.
The Schuylkill River Greenway Association operates out of Pottstown, Pennsylvania but manages the heritage area, which include the five counties of the Schuylkill River Valley - Berks, Chester, Montgomery, Philadelphia, and Schuylkill. The Greenway Association is driven by their Vision Statement: We envision a Schuylkill River region fully revitalized and restored: A region whose citizens understand, value and are fully committed to preserving and sustaining their cultural heritage and natural environment for future generations.
We'll work with your schedule.
140 College DrivePottstown, PA 19464
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours per month
- Background Check