We are a small nonprofit organization with a very limited budget. All of our services are provided by volunteers. Because of this we have a need for a Volunteer Coordinator for few hours each month. This may be a good opportunity for someone who is either out of job and needs to keep busy or someone who has a passion for coordinating and supporting a charity organization. If you’ve been a volunteer coordinator or a program manager for a nonprofit organization, this job will be very easy for you. If you’ve done any form of customer service work, tutoring, or mentoring, this will be an enjoyable position for you. Basically, we need someone for ONLY 5-7 hours per month; that's less than 20mins per day, if you choose to do this daily. You will be responsible for coordinating all volunteers virtually from wherever you are (Library, Book store, Home, Starbucks, etc). You can do this job from anywhere in the USA.
The specific tasks include the following:
1) Welcoming and interviewing volunteers; organizing their applications and resumes
2) Assigning volunteers to specific projects, monitoring progress and roadblocks; and doing exit interviews their projects completion
3) Providing YesLiberia's resources to volunteers (email account, access to specific tools/platforms, training, etc...)
4) Documenting and organizing volunteers’ activities/times (spreadsheets, time logs, resumes, evaluations); and responding to volunteers’ questions or concerns promptly, etc...
5) Provide both written and oral updates, with measurable outcome, to YesLiberia's board members, every 30 days, on a conference call.
6) Posting some volunteer accomplishments on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn
1) Excellent ORAL and WRITTEN communication skills with proper grammar
2) Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Social Media, Email, Skype/Gtalk, GoToMeeting or any IM
3) Experience with Webinar or online presentation or training tools
4) Ability to learn about our organization inside out as well as learn about new tools
7) MUST be mature, responsible/reliable and have passion for helping the disadvantaged.
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Assistance
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Advertising Representative
- Video Editing or Whiteboard...
- Please Help Campaign and Raise...
- Talented Fundraising Volunteer...
- Program Marketing Specialist
- Student Groups Representative
- Campaign, (easy! from home, and...
- Event Planner or Promoter
- Event Promoter
- Video Animation and Editing Help
- Video Editor Needed ASAP!
- Marketing or Advertising Rep
- eMarketing Volunteers! Help us...
- Social Media Specialist Intern
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Animator or Animation Artists
- Communications Intern
- Partners Relations Intern
- Fundraiser Intern