Ronald McDonald Family Room Monitor
160 people are interested
Help staff the Ronald McDonald Family Room at Mercy Children's Hospital! Check families in, set out meals and snacks, and maintain the Family Room as a welcoming environment for any families in the Pediatric/Pediatric Intensive Care unit. Share comfort items from Care Cart throughout PED/PICU/NICU.
4 hour shift - at least 2 times a month
*This position does require a 6 month commitment, background check and up to date immunizations. Supplement training is provided. Must be 18 years of age. To learn if this position is right for you, contact Meggie Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Iowa, Inc.
1441 Pleasant Street, Des Moines, IA 50314, US
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Iowa, Inc. Enriches the Quality of Life for Children and Their Families.
Helping a sick child fight their illness takes a big enough emotional toll on a family. Adding a financial strain can make it all almost too much to bear. RMHC can help address those problems, whether they involve housing that’s near a hospitalized child, the expense of staying together in another city, or even getting basic medical and dental care in a vulnerable community. In 2015, RMHC has local Chapters in 60 countries and regions with:
- 353 Ronald McDonald House
- 196 Ronald McDonald Family Rooms
- 50 Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles
- Grants to non-profit organizations that also focus on the needs of children
- Scholarships to students across the United States
- Chapters around the world creating country-specific programs
We'll work with your schedule.
Mercy Medical Center1111 6th Ave3rd FloorDes Moines, IA 50314
- People Skills
- Family Therapy
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 4 hour shift; at least twice a month
- Orientation Session (through Mercy), volunteer application, TB test and proof of immunizations