Fair Housing Tester - Winnebago, Boone, and Stephenson Counties
34 people are interested
Help Stop Housing Discrimination - become a PAID volunteer tester!
Prairie State Fair Housing Project is looking for volunteer testers to help investigate housing discrimination. Following training, testers meet with housing providers and record their experience in a report. Our staff then reviews and compares reports from various testers to determine if housing discrimination took place. We welcome persons with disabilities and people of all races, colors, ages, ethnicities, and sexual orientations.
- Volunteer testers need to have
- a state-issued ID
- authorization to work in the United States
- access to transportation
- access to a computer
- Volunteer testers cannot have
- prior felony convictions or convictions of crimes involving fraud or perjury
- an active real estate license
- As a volunteer tester you will
- help make your community more inclusive and welcoming
- learn new skills, including report writing
- receive a stipend and travel reimbursement each time you help with a test
If you are interested, please contact Rachel Robinson at email@example.com or 815-668-4412.
We'll work with your schedule.
303 N. Main StreetSuite # 600Rockford, IL 61101
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- State-issued ID