The Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a one-stop-shop for furniture and housing materials that is open to the public 5 days a week for donations and purchases at 50-75% off of commercial value. All of the net proceeds benefit our home building efforts!
The Habitat for Humanity of Huron Valley ReStore accepts donations of furniture and housing materials from generous donors in the community. Assist our drivers with picking up donations on the ReStore truck throughout Washtenaw County.
Volunteers for this position must meet these requirements:
- Assist a staff member on ReStore truck with picking up donations from various locations in Southeast Michigan
- Load items such as furniture, appliances and housing materials onto trucks from business or homes
- Unload items from truck into ReStore
- Must be 16 years old or older
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs with assistance
- Availability for an entire 10AM-6PM shift
- Must be people-oriented, flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to advocate the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Exhibit positive working attitude by demonstrating respect for fellow workers, donors and customers
- (For your safety, we use proper tools, we do not take items up or down flights of stairs, and we have a lift-gate on our truck for loading all large/heavy items)
Store hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 10AM-6PM.
For more information about the Habitat for Humanity ReStore, please visit our webpage http://www.annarborrestore.org/
Please visit h4h.volunteerhub.com to sign up! Any questions? Contact Kyle at email@example.com
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Acquisition
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Must be physically able to lift at 50 lbs