Volunteers are needed to serve a meal to guests and welcome people to a restaurant-like environment. Join us as we connect with the human spirit over a warm meal.
Volunteers are asked not to wear flip flops, open shoes, or high heels for safety reasons and to dress modestly. The agency suggests that volunteers wear either a short sleeve or long sleeve t-shirt, capris/jeans (or something similar), and sneakers. Long hair must be pulled back. If you are a team captain, please share this information with your teammates.
We schedule our volunteers in advance, so once you sign up we expect that you will attend. Meals are not served without you. Parking is available for volunteers in a lot next to the facility.
An average of 300 guests are served each day, six days a week. As a result of the high volume, plastic forks, Ziploc bags, napkins and paper towels are used frequently. Donations of these items are appreciated and welcomed.
NOTE: To participate in this project
you must be a Jersey Cares volunteer.
To sign up as a Jersey Cares volunteer:
1. Visit www.jerseycares.org
2. Click on "Log-In"
3. Click on "Not a Member? Register"
4. Fill out all necessary information.
5. Register for a project!
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Earth Keepers in Essex County...
- Hunger Helpers in Newark
- Newark Ambassadors
- Donation Clean Up in Belmar
- Conversations and Connections in...
- Donation Delivery in Belmar
- Beach Sweep in Point Pleasant...
- Beach Sweep in Long Branch
- Homework Helpers in Little Ferry
- Earth Keepers in Jersey City...
- Donation Sorting in Short Hills
- Tutor and Mentor in Madison
- Earth Keepers in Watchung...
- Bingo Time with Veterans in...
- Advanced Computer Essentials in...
- Kiddy Care in Madison
- Book Buddies in Wayne
- College Readiness Academic...
- Camden Volunteer Recruiter
- Earth Keepers in Manchester