Volunteers are needed to serve a meal to guests and welcome people to a restaurant-like environment. Join us as we connect with the human spirit over a warm meal.
Volunteers are asked not to wear flip flops, open shoes, or high heels for safety reasons and to dress modestly. The agency suggests that volunteers wear either a short sleeve or long sleeve t-shirt, capris/jeans (or something similar), and sneakers. Long hair must be pulled back. If you are a team captain, please share this information with your teammates.
We schedule our volunteers in advance, so once you sign up we expect that you will attend. Meals are not served without you. Parking is available for volunteers in a lot next to the facility.
An average of 300 guests are served each day, six days a week. As a result of the high volume, plastic forks, Ziploc bags, napkins and paper towels are used frequently. Donations of these items are appreciated and welcomed.
NOTE: To participate in this project
you must be a Jersey Cares volunteer.
To sign up as a Jersey Cares volunteer:
1. Visit www.jerseycares.org
2. Click on "Log-In"
3. Click on "Not a Member? Register"
4. Fill out all necessary information.
5. Register for a project!
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Marketplace in East Brunswick
- Plant it Forward in Newark
- Mobile Meals in Paterson
- Plant it Forward in Clifton
- Donation Clean Up in Belmar
- Mobile Meals in Elizabeth
- Social Media Moguls in Livingston
- Donation Delivery in Belmar
- Plant it Forward in Montclair...
- Earth Keepers in Jersey City...
- Supper Club in Bridgewater
- Hunger Helpers in Camden
- Earth Keepers in Watchung...
- Bingo Time with Veterans in...
- Kiddy Care in Madison
- Marketplace in Paterson
- Book Buddies in Wayne
- Hunger Helpers in Hoboken
- Earth Keepers in Manchester
- Behind the Scenes with Jersey...