Part of our goal at the Society of St. Vincent de Paul is to afford those in need the ability to shop with dignity by offering high quality clothing, and merchandise that helps transform their house into a home.
The SVDP donation Center needs volunteers to assist with processing donated items and ensuring quality standards are met so only clothing and merchandise in good condition makes its way into our resale stores. This may include any of the following: deciding if clothes and merchandise is in good condition or should be recycled, sorting clothes and items by category, hangng clothes, moving merchandise and possibly furniture (if physically able), and/or straightening/cleaning work area. This ensures our voucher recipients and customers have the hightest quality of clothing and merchandise.
Volunteer opportunities are Tuesday - Saturday from 8:00am - 3:00pm. Most volunteers do a 3 - 4 hour shift but we are flexible to meet your scheduling needs.
If you have questions or want to schedule a shift, please email email@example.com or call 713 434 6588.
- Project Management
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
- Inventory Management
- Sales Marketing
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3 - 4 hour shift
- able to stand for extended periods of time
- Looking for community project...
- 2018 Group Activity - come share...
- 2018 Friendly Friday- feed 350+...
- Resale Shop Associate
- Resale Shop Assistant
- Giving back to community with...
- Is it crunch time? Volunteer...
- Volunteers needed for LARGE Food...
- Friendly Friday - Pantry Helpers...
- Donation/Distribution volunteers
- Give Back in 2018 - Friendly...
- 2018 Food Fair - share yourself...