(Note: Please read complete description and application instructions carefully as incomplete applications may not be processed).
As a volunteer Executive Assistant at CAIR-WA, you will play a valuable role in making our office run efficiently, looking professional, and assisting our staff and interns to maximize their ability to serve our communities.
This position is ideal for a high school or college student or a professional looking to gain valuable experience in working in a professional office setting, while getting in-depth, hands-on experience in all facets of CAIR-WA's work in defending civil rights, fighting bigotry, empowering American Muslims, and promoting accurate, representative media portrayals of Islam and Muslims. No previous experience is required for this position.
- Present a professional, welcoming first contact to all visitors, including many civil rights clients, to our office
- Confidently answer, transfer and manage phone calls, and take and deliver messages
- Maintain a clean and organized office
- Assist office staff and interns with tasks including donation processing, online and social media postings, event planning, and other tasks as needed
Basic orientation and a procedure manual are provided to quickly become acquainted with task procedures.
- Confident, professional demeanor
- Assertive, 'can-do' attitude
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to find solutions to achieve results with little supervision under tight deadlines
- Internal sense of urgency and initiative that promotes focus, creative thinking and solutions
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to details
Time commitment: A minimum 6-month, 20 hours per week commitment is required. This position requires these hours to be completed in the office, within the hours of 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.
Office location: Our physical office (different from our mailing address) is conveniently located near downtown Seattle just two blocks from Metro's International District Tunnel Station. Any bus that goes to downtown Seattle from across the Puget Sound region can drop you within 2 blocks of our office!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email email@example.com and, in the subject line, please clearly indicate the title(s) of the position(s) in which you are interested, in order of preference.
Please include in your e-mail an explanation of why you are interested in being part of the volunteer Executive Assistants team, any relevant experience or skills, and your complete contact information (full name, email, and phone number). Please also include a résumé and two references who have supervised you in a past volunteer position, internship or employment. Applicants must pass a background check. All volunteer positions at CAIR-WA are unpaid.
Students interested in receiving academic credit (college) or community service hours (high school) should indicate so in their e-mail. Credit may be arranged during the first week of the academic term.
ALL POSITIONS ARE OPEN IMMEDIATELY we respond to applications year-round IMMEDIATELY as they are received, so apply now!
- Office Reception
- Executive Admin
- Problem Solving
- Office Management
- Social Media / Blogging
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- At minimum 20 hours per week for minimum 6 months
- GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS & COMMUNITY...
- OFFICE MANAGEMENT VOLUNTEER at...
- GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN AT CIVIL...
- Case Intake Intern at Civil...
- WEB DESIGN VOLUNTEER AT CIVIL...
- EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Volunteer)...
- PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN AT CIVIL...
- Volunteer Receptionist at Civil...
- GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP at...
- DONOR RELATIONS VOLUNTEER AT...
- Media Research and Analysis...
- EVENT PLANNING INTERNSHIP AT...
- WEB DESIGN VOLUNTEER AT CIVIL...