Photo Archivist Director/Coordinator
38 people are interested
We need volunteer, with an understanding of photography management: storage, scanning, inventorying, etc (curatorial experience would be ideal) and who would be willing to help with the following tasks in the photo room:
- Refiling photographs
- Work closely with the library team to fill requests for patrons.
- Scanning photographs, slides, and negatives and creating our digital catalog
- Future responsibilities may include managing a team on volunteers.
Tasks in particular include one large project of digitizing a major collection of slides; expertise and interest in slides would be very helpful.
Other tasks/projects require some specific expertise:
- Entering the photographic collection into Past Perfect - Requires some/all of the following skills:
- Ability to differentiate between types of photographic prints (cabinet cards, tintypes, ambrotypes, contact prints, etc.)
- Experience/comfort level with Past Perfect or comparable database software
- Adding data to items in our collection:
- Knowledge of photographic media and processes
- Knowledge of Stamford history and geography
- Identifying subjects (peoples, places, things) and time frames of photographs
- Knowledge of Stamford history and geography very helpful
- Knowledge and research skills around dating photographs (identifying/dating using photographic media, objects/buildings in the photographic, fashion)
- Website creation and maintenance, including experience in maintaining online database
TIME MINIMUMS: 2 hours per week. 8 hours per month
1508 High Ridge RoadStamford, CT 06903
- Basic Computer Skills
- Data Entry
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 + hours per week. Minimum of 8 hours per month.