Do you enjoy meeting new people and assisting others? Come help make equal access to justice a reality by assisting pro bono attorneys provide no-cost legal services atone of ELAP's legal clinics in Bellevue. You will be promoting our mission to serve low income residents of the Eastside and survivors of domestic violence from all of King County. Your role as the Legal Clinic Intake Manager will be to ensure efficient organization and support of ELAP’s legal clinic, enabling clients to receive the specialized case intake required for attorneys to provide issue-tailored legal advice.
- Arrive 15 minutes ahead of time to open the clinic and set up materials
- Greet volunteer attorneys and clients, ensure that clients complete the necessary forms before and after the appointment and usher clients to the attorney for each appointment
- Maintain adherence to appointment timings and if requested, appropriately remind attorneys of time
- Oversee the clinic materials, put materials away once the clinic is over and inform ELAP staff when additional materials are needed
- Return intake forms, either by mail or in person, to the ELAP offices
- Follow up with attorneys on next steps if requested by ELAP staff
- Report to Cynthia Klein, ELAP Director of Pro Bono Services.
2nd & 4th Thursday of the Month
2:00 - 2:45 (clinic time)
We ask for a one year commitment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to respond to clients with patience and a non-judgmental attitude
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task without sacrificing client service satisfaction
- Applicants with second language skills are encouraged to apply
- Great way to make a difference in the community by using your skills to serve vulnerable populations and make equal access to justice a reality;
- Access to trainings for non-profit civil legal need organizations;
- Opportunity to work with experienced and committed professional in the field of civil legal aid.
Go to www.elap.org and complete ELAP General Volunteer Application Form. Please include resume.
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 1:45 - 4:15 PM