The co-advocate/apprentice will aide in creating innovative and therapeutic programming, events, co-facilitate youth groups, forums, fairs, and some presentations. A prospective candidate should have high energy, a passion for advocating for child survivors, and a creative spirit. Our advocates must be able to follow directives and be self-starters able to plan events and recruit team members.
Co-Advocates must complete Just Speak, Inc. training. Advocates are monitored and evaluated. Regardless of prior training, a Just Speak co-advocate must adhere to Just Speak, Inc programming, policies and mission.
Qualifications: Must be willing and able to work in urban school settings. MUST HAVE A DHS CLEARANCE PRIOR TO STARTING. High School Diploma accepted, but college level coursework or field related degree is strongly preferred 1 - 2 years experience working with youth ages 5 to 19, child abuse (specifically sexual abuse/incest), and general at risk populations, preferable, but not necessary. Background in psychology or trauma studies preferable, but not necessary.
- Must possess high level verbal and written skills
- Experience with sexual abuse/assault advocacy or counseling preferrable, but not necessary
- Must have a good rapport with youth
- Passion for grass roots organizations/advocacy.
- Interest and experience in research.
- Must identify with a holistic and non-traditional approach to child trauma prevention, intervention, and awareness.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and navigating social media
- Must be organized, flexible, and good on a team
- Must have transportation for training, PROGRAMS, events and meetings.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED: Please submit a letter of interest and resume to JustSpeak@JustSpeak.org.We will respond with a packet, including an application and DHS Clearance. Upon receiving the completed documents, you will be contacted if you are determined to be a suitable candidate!
Do not contact us , if you are unwilling to obtain a DHS Clearance. You will not be considered.
- Crisis Intervention
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Sales Coaching & Training
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hour monthly minimum
- DHS Clearance Mandatory; Metro Detroit residents, iChat background check