After completion of out two-day training, our volunteer co-advocates assist in facilitation and instructing innovative and therapeutic programming. They help to host events for the community and youth groups, including forums, fairs, and some presentations.
A prospective candidate should have a creative spirit, high energy, and apassion for advocating for young survivors of childhood trauma. Our advocates must be able to follow directives and be self-starters able to plan events and recruit team members.
Co-Advocates must complete Just Speak, Inc. training. Advocates are monitored and evaluated. Regardless of prior training, a Just Speak co-advocate must adhere to Just Speak, Inc programming, policies, and mission.
Qualifications: Must be willing and able to work in urban school settings AFTER SCHOOL HOURS. MUST HAVE A DHS CLEARANCE PRIOR TO STARTING. High School Diploma accepted, but college-level coursework or field related degree is strongly preferred 1 - 2 years experience working with youth ages 3 to 18, childhood trauma, and general at-risk populations, preferable, but not necessary. Background in psychology or trauma studies preferable, but not necessary.
- Must possess high level verbal and written skills
- Experience with sexual abuse/assault advocacy or counseling preferable, but not necessary
- Must have a good rapport with youth
- Passion for grassroots organizations/advocacy.
- Interest and experience in research.
- Must identify with a holistic and non-traditional approach to child trauma prevention, intervention, and awareness.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and navigating social media
- Must be organized, flexible, and good on a team
- Must have transportation for training, PROGRAMS, events, and meetings.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED: Please submit a letter of interest and resume to JustSpeak@JustSpeak.org. We will respond with a packet, including an application and DHS Clearance. Upon receiving the completed documents, you will be contacted if you are determined to be a suitable candidate!
Do not contact us, if you are unwilling to obtain a DHS Clearance. You will not be considered.
- Crisis Intervention
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Sales Coaching & Training
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hour monthly minimum
- DHS Clearance Mandatory; Metro Detroit residents, iChat background check