Early Childhood Education Volunteer
64 people are interested
The Family Place in Washington, DC (Columbia Heights) is seeking skilled and enthusiastic volunteers to assist with our Early Childhood Education program, while parents at the center are in our Family Literacy Program. We work with infants, toddlers & preschoolers. This is a great opportunity for education students, CDA candidates, ECE professionals, and those who love working with children to gain practical experience while fulfilling a need in the community.
Position title: Early Childhood Education (ECE) Intern
Monday- Thursday: 9:00am to 11:30am, and 12:30-3:00pm;
We encourage individuals to volunteer at least 20 hours a week (flexible), and we ask people to consider committing to a regular schedule as children need stability and time to establish trust in adults.
Duties: ECE Interns/volunteers work with The Family Place ECE Instructors to:
- Help provide a safe and nurturing environment for the children.
- Help maintain a sanitary and organized classroom setting.
- Assist with daily lesson plan activities.
- Assist with other related projects as assigned.
Qualifications: In addition to having the desire to volunteer and help children, the following qualifications apply:
- ECE Interns/volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Prior experience working with children is preferred.
- Interns must be caring, patient, and attentive to children.
- Interns must maintain a positive attitude that contributes to a positive & nurturing environment.
- Spanish language proficiency is preferred but not required.
- All ECE Interns/volunteers will be required to provide results of a TB test and local background check prior to volunteering.
Start Date: Ongoing (flexible start date)
The mission of The Family Place is to empower low income families and to foster the optimal development of their young children through educational and support services. To learn more about us and our programs, please visithttp:www.thefamilyplacedc.org/.
Please submit a brief cover letter and resume to Kiersten Rossetto at email@example.com. In your cover letter please indicate why you are interested in volunteering at The Family Place and when you could start.
We'll work with your schedule.
3309 16th st NWWashington, DC 20010
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least two weeks