We are seeking tutors for students in our YouthBuild program - starting soon!!
YouthBuild is an alternative high school program for young men and women, 16-24 years in age, who have dropped out of school. Students work towards their GED or high school diploma while training in construction and engaging in community service as AmeriCorps members. This position offers volunteers an opportunity to work with youth in the community, in a new and fun learning environment.
Responsibilities may include:
- Providing basic math, reading, and writing assistance to students
- Leading students in one-on-one or small group work
- Building confidence and reinforcing study habits
- Working effectively with 3 rd-12 th grade reading levels
- Giving feedback and support on individual student projects
We are looking for positive and flexible individuals with a passion for education, humor, and youth development.
All volunteers can choose to tutor biweekly, once a week, or multiple times a week, depending on availability! Must meet with Volunteer Coordinator for a brief orientation and training.
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Scheduled tutoring blocks, approx. 3 hrs/week