WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
As a nonprofit search and rescue foundation, we are dedicated as a team, working for the common goal of providing emergency assistance, education, and preparedness to the public. If you are an organized, hardworking individual with drive, professionalism and able to learn processes quickly this may the position match for you. The organization is seeking a volunteer Grant Writer with at least 35 years of related experience writing grants. The successful candidate is an energetic and experienced professional, capable of developing strong working relationships with donors, works best in an environment of creativity and flexibility, and is a team player.
● Research, edit and write proposals and reports for corporate, foundation and government grants as well as familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
● Must have the ability to develop an overall messaging strategy and craft narratives to be used in funding and marketing materials.
● Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals, including: letters, proposals, budgets and presentations in accordance with the funders giving policies, guidelines and criteria.
● Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
● Work with the Development Director to ensure that all funding materials accurately represent the center’s mission and program in a compelling manner.
● Attend meetings with funders to determine specifics of individual proposals.
● Provide stewardship to current donors, including working with the Development Director to provide written updates to corporate and foundation donors.
● Perform research to identify new funding sources, while assisting with other fundraising projects as requested.
● Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
● Strong proofreading/editing skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
● Qualified candidate should possess excellent writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office) and database management skills.
● The candidate must be highly organized with the ability to effectively work under pressure, and produce quality work product within tight time constraints.
● Knowledge and experience of grant application process, donor priorities and funding trends both for programs in the USA and overseas.
● Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to manage multiple projects and possess excellent computer skills.
- Internet Research
- Grant Writing / Research
- Donor Management
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule!
- NEEDED ASAP