Teen Leadership Volunteer (Program Aide)
Girl Scouts of Central California South is looking for Teen Leadership Volunteers also known as Program Aides that are interested in being leaders in our Council, assisting at Girl Scouts scheduled events and trainings. Once you go through the Program Aide training there are many ways to volunteer:
- You can help run program for girls
- You can help at events
- You can be a teen mentor
- You can assist during cookie time
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Flexible, Patient and Fun! Adapt to the situation to make Girl Scouting easy, meaningful and FUN!
- Girl Focus: Empower girls to lead activities, learn by doing, and cooperate with others on current issues that involve their interests and needs, while having fun.
- Adaptability: Adjusts own behavior and remains flexible and tolerant in response to changing situations and environments, unexpected obstacles, or diverse people expressing different perspectives, needs, or demands.
- Fostering Diversity: Understand, respect, and embrace differences.
- Oral Communication: Expresses ideas and facts clearly and accurately.
- Personal Integrity: Demonstrate dependability, honesty, and credibility.
- Willing to register as a Girl Scout member ($20/year, financial assistance available).
- Must attend and complete Program Aide training(s).
- Willing to take training for volunteer position, assisting at Girl Scouts scheduled events and trainings.
- Parent/guardian supervision required for minors.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training