SPECIAL SKILL VOLUNTEER!
Girl Scouts of Central California South is looking for individuals with special skills to share with our Girl Scouts. Are you a talented artist, a master in sports, good at gardening, or have another special talent that girls would love to learn? Come share you skills with our girls! You will share a special talent or skill with a Girl Scout troop/group, enhancing their exposure to new experiences, ideas and people. You will serve as a mentor and role model for the duration of the activity at troop meetings, day or resident camp, or a special event for girls.
Time: Flexible due to individual’s time frame. The duration is up to you.
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Flexible, Patient and Fun! Adapt to the situation to make Girl Scouting easy, meaningful and FUN!
- Girl Focus: Empower girls to lead activities, learn by doing, and cooperate with others on current issues that involve their interests and needs, while having fun.
- Adaptability: Adjusts own behavior and remains flexible and tolerant in response to changing situations and environments, unexpected obstacles, or diverse people expressing different perspectives, needs, or demands.
- Fostering Diversity: Understand, respect, and embrace differences.
- Oral Communication: Expresses ideas and facts clearly and accurately.
- Personal Integrity: Demonstrate dependability, honesty, and credibility.
- Adults, 18 and over
- Complete a volunteer application, background check and references
- Willing to register as a Girl Scout member ($15/year).
- Willing to take training for volunteer position.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible hours