GIRL SCOUT CONNECT (Series) VOLUNTEER
Let us guide you while you help girls. Girl Scouts of Central California South is looking for individuals who want to be positive role models in the lives of girls. With the guidance of Council staff for the first 8 weeks, we will help you provide programs and activities at specific sites and schools to girls from Kindergarten to 12 th grade. With your help we can bring opportunities to girls that have not yet had the chance to experience Girl Scouting and reach their full potential.
- Coordinate and help Council Staff deliver Girl Scout Connect programs and activities
- Act as a positive role model and be sensitive to the needs of girls and families of all backgrounds
- Be reliable by attending all weekly Girl Scout meetings
- Work to recruit girls and parents to be involved with Girl Scout activities.
- Attend training as needed
- Maintain records and submit reports required by Council Staff
Time: 8 weeks - one hour per work with one hour prep time - with Council staff support; then transition into a troop leader
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Flexible, Patient and Fun! Adapt to the situation to make Girl Scouting easy, meaningful and FUN!
- Girl Focus: Empower girls to lead activities, learn by doing, and cooperate with others on current issues that involve their interests and needs, while having fun.
- Adaptability: Adjusts own behavior and remains flexible and tolerant in response to changing situations and environments, unexpected obstacles, or diverse people expressing different perspectives, needs, or demands.
- Fostering Diversity: Understand, respect, and embrace differences.
- Oral Communication: Expresses ideas and facts clearly and accurately.
- Personal Integrity: Demonstrate dependability, honesty, and credibility.
- Adults 18
- Complete a volunteer application, background check and references
- Willing to register as a Girl Scout member ($15/year).
- Willing to take training for volunteer position.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8 weeks plus