"No One Dies Alone" Volunteer
172 people are interested
Seasons Hospice is looking for "Vigil" volunteers to sit with patients during their last final hours.
What happens when a patient is dying, but family and friends can't get there on time? Loved ones are often separated by great distances, and when the time comes, it's often difficult to arrive quickly enough. As part of hospice care, we have found that family members are SO grateful to know that someone is with their loved one. YOU can be this person.
As part of our "No one Dies Alone" hospice service, we are seeking volunteers who are brave, mature, compassionate, and available for unexpected calls once or twice a month (OK to say "no" when we call if it's not good timing for you, but we ask that you make one Vigil visit per month -- more if you would like.) Our hospice patients are elderly people who have led long lives, and have made peace with the dying process.
We will provide a training which includes opportunities to work directly with our physicians, nursing staff, social workers, music therapist, and administrative team. Hospice is the only federal program that REQUIRES volunteer involvement in patient care. Volunteers are an integral part of our team. You will learn about hospice's role in a patient's healthcare plan, recent policy changes in end-of-life options, and the medical/psychosocial needs of the elderly population.
- Fill out paperwork with Volunteer Coordinator
- Have an untarnished criminal background history
- Have Motor vehicle report with no more than 3 moving violations within the past 36 months
- Complete a brief, non-invasive, clothing-on physical exam, offered to you at no cost
- Do a Tuberculosis skin test, offered to you for free at our office
- Review online self-study modules
- Be 18 years or older
We'll work with your schedule.
San Jose areaSan Jose, CA 95126
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Mental Health
- Patient Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible! We will work with your schedule.
- Physical & TB Test- That we pay for.