The WINGS domestic violence Safe House has capacity for up to 45 women and children a night. In addition to shelter, we provide counseling, case management, referrals, career services, and meals.
Hostess will assist in this effort by warming up, setting out and putting away a previously prepared lunch for anyone in the house.
Hostess volunteers are encouraged to eat with the residents and to promote constructive and friendly conversations with and between the residents who are there.
Volunteers also help the clients with their daily tasks, including checking and signing off on the chore chart, filling requests for needed items such as diapers or laundry detergent from our supply closet, etc.
Volunteers also promote constructive conversation and a positive environment by lending a listening ear to someone who wants to talk, engaging more hesitant residents in conversation to help them feel welcome and comfortable, even suggesting or facilitating simple activities (such as a card game or new toy) to women or mothers trying to entertain children.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- weekly shift for at least 1 year
- 40 Hour Domestic Violence Training
- Niles Resale Store
- Play with kids at our Domestic...
- Help Suburban Latinas flee from...
- Schaumburg Resale Store Cashier
- Arlington Heights Resale Store...
- Administrative Volunteer
- Be a Friend - Become a Safe...
- Maintenance Volunteer
- Special Events and Fundraising...
- Logistic Center Volunteer
- Answer the Crisis Line at our...
- Niles Resale Store Cashier